Are you a caring member of our community who would like to help, donating your time and not just financial support? Our volunteer program continues to evolve, Our need for helping hands is based on specific programs or events that are occurring at any given time. Please keep checking this page and contact us for ways you can personally support our work.
Be a volunteer
We always need help with our events, from our Annual Dinner Gala to our Patient Holiday Party, whether it’s organizing beforehand or pitching in after the event is over. Check the Events Calendar on this website for upcoming events, and get in touch.
At our Annual Patient Holiday Party, volunteers organize and distribute donated gifts, like food and backpacks filled with clothing and warm winter items like blankets, along with toys and books for the kids. It’s inspiring and fun.
Homeless Connect Kits
Looking for a way to help the homeless but don’t know how? Our Connect Kits allow you to make a small but immediate impact in the life of someone experiencing homelessness. We took our cue from our homeless clients and filled the kits with essential items like socks, underwear, feminine products, water, protein bars and more.
Here’s how you can help:
- Sponsor a bag – For a donation of just $20, you can provide our homeless clients with a Connect Kit filled with essential items they so desperately need including a warm shower. Nothing restores a sense of human dignity for someone living on the streets like a shower.
- Donate the items – The bags are filled with items our homeless clients request every day and can easily be purchased at places like Target or through our Amazon wish list. Please visit Homeless Services page for more info.
- Day of Service – Get your company, family, child’s school or place of worship involved. We can help you organize a drive to collect all the items, assemble the bags and even distribute them. We can customize a meaningful experience for you, just contact us to get started.
Each bag includes:
- Bottled water
- Protein Bar
- Travel sized lotion
- Travel sized body wash
- Lip balm
- Travel sized hand sanitizer
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Band aids
- Travel tissue pack
- Sanitary pads
- Sports bra
Patient Feedback Forum
In addition to volunteering at the Clinic, community members and patients are invited to attend quarterly Patient Feedback Forums. The feedback forum offers the opportunity for patients and community members to learn more about the operations and policies of the Clinic and provide feedback to staff. Check the Events Calendar for the next Patient Feedback Forum meeting date.
Young Professionals Committee
Saban Community Clinic’s Young Professionals Committee was started in the spring of 2018 under the passionate leadership of co-founders Sarah and Eric Hoberman. The group was created to give young adults an opportunity to give back to the Clinic in a fun and meaningful way.
This active group has already made an impact with several fundraising events and volunteer initiatives. In May of 2018, the YPC hosted its inaugural event at Awesomeness TV with 100 guests and collected over 3,000 essential items for the Homeless Connect kit program. Since then, the group has assembled Homeless Connect Kits, provided holiday gifts for a family of patients and in January, hosted a fabulous night of Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s.
The YPC is a perfect opportunity for emerging professionals to make new connections while supporting the Clinic.
To learn more about YPC, attend an event, or get involved.
Please contact us to discuss the ways that work best for you in supporting and helping to fund our work
323-330-1670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Federal Tax ID number for Saban Community Clinic is 95-2539105