In 2018, Saban Community Clinic began to participate in E6, a street outreach team focused on assisting the most vulnerable homeless individuals in our community. In collaboration with key partners and Los Angeles County, the group consists of a case manager, mental health clinician, peer (a formerly homeless individual), substance abuse case manager and a medical provider. This comprehensive team delivers care beyond the walls of the Clinic, directly to individuals on the streets. Services include administering medical care, providing resources and linkages to case management and support services, with the ultimate goal of moving individuals into housing. Watch the video to learn more.
Saban Community Clinic is one of few agencies in the Hollywood-Wilshire area which provides free access to showers on a walk-in basis. Since the early 90s, thousands of men and women have found hope and restored their sense of dignity with a warm shower at the Clinic. We treat everyone with the respect they deserve and provide services and case management that gives them the strength to start-over. More than 60 people a day utilize the shower program and are provided with toiletries or one of our signature Homeless Connect Kits filled with essential items they need like a protein bar, water, new underwear, socks, and more.
To help someone in need, make an in-kind donation of toiletries (full and sample sizes accepted) and new undergarments,
Homeless Connect Kits
Looking for a way to help the homeless but don’t know how? Our Connect Kits allow you to make a small but immediate impact in the life of someone experiencing homelessness. These kits include the following essential items:
- Bottled Water
- Protein Bar
- Travel sized lotion
- Travel sized body wash or soap
- Lip balm
- Travel sized hand sanitizer
- A pair of underwear
- A pair of socks
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Band aids
- Tissues travel pack
- Deodorant stick
- Maxi pads
How you can help:
- Sponsor a bag- For a donation of just $20, you can provide our homeless clients with a Connect Kit filled with essential items they so desperately need including a warm shower. Nothing restores a sense of human dignity for someone living on the streets like a shower.
- Donate the items- The bags are filled with items our homeless clients request every day and can easily be purchased at places like Target or through our Amazon Wishlist.
- Day of Service- Get your company, family, child’s school or place of worship involved. We can help you organize a drive to collect all the items, assemble the bags and even distribute them. We can customize a meaningful experience for you, just contact us to get started.